Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-24-2024, 1:52pm   #1
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 42,231 Times in 17,587 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492
Default Youtube lawyer made famous during Rittenhouse trial arrested for drugs

https://www.fox9.com/news/nick-rekie...rug-charge.amp

Quote:
Nick Rekieta, MN lawyer and YouTuber, facing drug charge

Published May 24, 2024 12:19pm CDT
FOX 9

SPICER, Minn. (FOX 9) - Minnesota-based lawyer and online legal analyst Nick Rekieta is facing a drug charge in Kandiyohi County.

Rekieta was arrested Thursday along with his wife Kayla and a fellow online personality. Prosecutors filed charges against Rekieta and his wife on Friday for second-degree possession, child endangerment, and a gross misdemeanor firearm charge.

According to the charges, law enforcement attempted to execute a search warrant on May 23 at Rekieta’s home in Spicer and was greeted by a girl at the front door who would not let them inside.

After Rekieta refused to provide the door code, law enforcement used a door ram to get inside and found Kayla, Imholte, and four juveniles inside.

Law enforcement proceeded to search the master bedroom and bathroom, where they allegedly found a variety of drug paraphernalia, including three small baggies that tested positive for cocaine, eight green tablets that tested positive for Ketamine, and a digital scale, and several other items that tested positive for cocaine, charges claim.

Authorities also found a Sig Sauer AR with several magazines and loose ammunition underneath the bed, a spent shell casing on the bedroom floor, and located additional firearms and ammunition in the garage, according to court records.

Police took Rekieta and his wife Kayla into custody, and he told law enforcement that he and his wife stayed in the master bedroom, where law enforcement claimed to find most of the drug paraphernalia, but allegedly refused to answer questions about the cocaine, according to court records.

Before his arrest, some online users had raised concerns about Rekieta's health this week sharing a clip of him appearing to dose off during a stream.

Law enforcement noted Rekeita had several injuries to his arms at the time of his arrest. They described the injuries as sores that are common with controlled substance users, charges said.

Rekieta, who owns a law firm based in Spicer, Minn., saw his online following skyrocket during the pandemic, as he covered cases including Kyle Rittenhouse's trial and Johnny Depp's lawsuit against Amber Heard.

He has more than 150,000 followers on Twitter and nearly 450,000 subscribers on YouTube.

Rekieta and his wife are set to make their first court appearance on Friday morning.

Sounds like this might be a sad story, guy got caught up with drugs. And of course, that makes his most probably legally purchased guns now horrific.

I wonder how famously tolerant Minnesota will treat this case, given his political leanings.
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 2:02pm   #2
Torqaholic
A Real Barner
Activity: 14.8%

Thanked 4,456 Times in 2,448 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15637580

The search warrant was based on the probable cause of falling asleep online? If that's illegal I'm in a lot of trouble
Torqaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Torqaholic For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2024, 2:06pm   #3
Asparagus
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 7.4%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Saw this on another forum, pretty sad to watch a guy deteriorate like this.....

https://old.reddit.com/r/sadcringe/c...lawtuber_into/
Asparagus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Asparagus For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2024, 2:10pm   #4
BRUIZER
A Real Barner
Activity: 11.3%

Thanked 1,499 Times in 651 Posts

A substance abusing lawyer.
Shocking.

However, due to his previous decision to defend the high profile case, I wouldn't be surprised if they set-up this guy out of spite.
It's what communists do.
BRUIZER is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BRUIZER For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2024, 2:29pm   #5
Little Red L98.
A Real Barner
Activity: 87.7%

Thanked 15,639 Times in 5,477 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $894473

I hope he burns in hell along with his defendant. Is that like wishing them dead? I don’t care.
Little Red L98. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 4:40pm   #6
Frankie the Fink
A Real Barner
Activity: 68.1%

Thanked 3,890 Times in 1,754 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
https://www.fox9.com/news/nick-rekie...rug-charge.amp

Sounds like this might be a sad story, guy got caught up with drugs. And of course, that makes his most probably legally purchased guns now horrific.

I wonder how famously tolerant Minnesota will treat this case, given his political leanings.
In other news, the entire forces of the Secret Service and FBI couldn't find the owner of the cocaine in a WH cubby out of pool of about 25 possible suspects.
Frankie the Fink is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frankie the Fink For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2024, 5:39pm   #7
slewfoot
Barn Stall Owner #118
Activity: 50.6%

Thanked 2,133 Times in 1,259 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1002672

"Authorities also found a Sig Sauer AR."

Well, he did have good taste in weapons.
slewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to slewfoot For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2024, 5:41pm   #8
slewfoot
Barn Stall Owner #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUIZER View Post
A substance abusing lawyer.
Shocking.

However, due to his previous decision to defend the high profile case, I wouldn't be surprised if they set-up this guy out of spite.
It's what communists do.
Oh gee! Let me guess. Communists being Democrats? I can't believe it, no studying. What are you, the ultimate conspiracy bullshit artist? Why don't you read Bills excerpt, you will see clearly how it more than likely went down.

"Before his arrest, some online users had raised concerns about Rekieta's health this week sharing a clip of him appearing to dose off during a stream."
Old 05-24-2024, 5:52pm   #9
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewfoot View Post
Oh gee! Let me guess. Communists being Democrats? I can't believe it, no studying. What are you, the ultimate conspiracy bullshit artist? Why don't you read Bills excerpt to you will see clearly how it all went down.
I question the raid, too. Remember, this is famously tolerant Minnesota, don'tcha know. Look at the "evidence" they seized. 8 pills. 3 small baggies that tested positive for cocaine, and some paraphernalia. Hardly a drug kingpin. Sounds more like a low level user. So how and why was he targeted for a bust-down-the-door search warrant in the first place? Are other small time users being raided, too, or just Nick? And if it is just Nick, why did they pick him out?

And they seized a few guns. I can pretty much guarantee that if SWAT raids were conducted on the members of the Barn, most of those raids would yield more guns than Nick had, and like Nick, I am sure they were all legally obtained, AKA, not stolen. Put illegal drugs together with guns and suddenly they're OMG! Guns! I doubt Nick was planning to shoot up schools or rob liquor stores.

You don't find any of this a bit odd?

Quote:
"Before his arrest, some online users had raised concerns about Rekieta's health this week sharing a clip of him appearing to dose off during a stream."
They're intimating that his own viewers called the police, concerned for his health. OK, let's follow that through. That would generate a "welfare check" or "community caretaking" visit, not a team of cops with a search warrant and a battering ram.

@Sea Six can probably weigh in on the particulars of that, maybe I'm wrong.
Old 05-24-2024, 5:57pm   #10
slewfoot
Barn Stall Owner #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
I question the raid, too. Remember, this is famously tolerant Minnesota, don'tcha know. Look at the "evidence" they seized. 8 pills. 3 small baggies that tested positive for cocaine, and some paraphernalia. Hardly a drug kingpin. Sounds more like a low level user. So how and why was he targeted for a bust-down-the-door search warrant in the first place? Are other small time users being raided, too, or just Nick? And if it is just Nick, why did they pick him out?

You don't find any of this a bit odd?

Along with his concerned youtubers/followers, could have been a simple welfare check instantly snowballing. I always wondered if something like that, was called in and in good faith, turning into illegal search and seizure
Old 05-24-2024, 6:06pm   #11
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewfoot View Post
Along with his concerned youtubers/followers, could have been a simple welfare check instantly snowballing. I always wondered if something like that, was called in and in good faith, turning into illegal search and seizure
See my ninja edit. Community caretaking /= SWAT team with a search warrant and battering ram.

Quote:
law enforcement attempted to execute a search warrant on May 23
Old 05-25-2024, 5:50am   #12
Sea Six
Barn Stall Owner #16A
Barn Stall Owner #16B

NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 3.9%

Thanked 13,037 Times in 7,336 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $602908

Quote:
They're intimating that his own viewers called the police, concerned for his health. OK, let's follow that through. That would generate a "welfare check" or "community caretaking" visit, not a team of cops with a search warrant and a battering ram.

@Sea Six can probably weigh in on the particulars of that, maybe I'm wrong.
This was no welfare check.

A judge determined that they had probable cause for a search warrant.

Where this probable cause came from is anyone’s guess … or if it was known by whoever wrote this article, they conveniently left it out out. Maybe they were just sloppy, or maybe they had an agenda. I doubt seriously that a judge would sign off on a search warrant just based on someone dozing off on a YouTube video. At least not in the two jurisdictions I served in they wouldn’t.

Bill, if you have issues with why the cops were granted a search warrant based on whatever the probable cause affidavit specified, you should take it up with the judge.

Or you could continue just pulling shit right out of your ass and using it to paint law enforcement officers in a bad light. Your choice.
Sea Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 7:32am   #13
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20

Old 05-25-2024, 10:12am   #14
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20

https://www.youtube.com/live/24b9lOmGbhE

Reading the reddit thread about this (so take anything said there with a grain of salt), it was their church pastor that called the police on the Rekietas, alleging child neglect. They mentioned the name of a church and church pastor, and there really is such a church with a pastor of that name in the area, so that could be true.

There were 3 arrests, Nick, the wife, and another woman, who were inside. Who she was to them is a little shrouded in mystery, but the fact that Nick asks the judge to see his clients (mystery woman and his wife), only to be informed that mystery woman has already been released makes me suspect they already flipped her to go against the Rekietas.

I will say from the arraignment video, he does look bad, and they're charging Nick with a 25 year sentence felony for cocaine possession....interestingly enough, cocaine is found at the White House, no one gets investigated or charged.

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic