Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-06-2024, 11:59am   #1
Wathen1955
A Real Barner
Activity: 5.4%

Thanked 5,651 Times in 2,007 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1524159
Default It was only a 16 oz beer

Just think the number of times he was not caught drinking and driving. A little distraction for Patrick Mahomes before the Super Bowl.

Quote:
Patrick Mahomes Sr. was behind the wheel with an open 16-ounce beer and struggled in multiple sobriety tests during his arrest for suspected drunk driving, according to a police affidavit obtained by the New York Post on Monday.

The elder Mahomes, whose son seeks his third Super Bowl title as quarterback of the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday, has now become one of the game’s off-the-field storylines, albeit an unwelcome one.

The younger Mahomes briefly addressed the situation on Monday, saying his father was “doing good” and offering little else.” “It’s a family matter, so I’ll keep it to the family. That’s all I have to say,” he told reporters.

Patrick Mahomes Sr. showed signs of intoxication in tests for eye-tracking, walking in a straight line and turning, and standing on one leg when he was stopped in Tyler, Texas, on Saturday, the Post wrote of the report filed by the Smith County Sheriff’s Office.

“I believed Patrick was impaired to a perceptible degree while operating a motor vehicle in a public place,” the arresting officer wrote.

Mahomes Sr., who’s out on $10,000 bail for at least his third DWI arrest, told officers he had a few beers while watching sports at a local bar, cops said. He was sentenced to 40 days in jail for a previous DWI in 2019, AP reported.

The former New York Mets and Minnesota Twins pitcher could face up to 10 years in state prison for the third-degree felony charge if convicted.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/patrick-m...132443461.html
Wathen1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 12:02pm   #2
GTOguy
Barn Stall Owner #421
Activity: 99.1%

Thanked 8,143 Times in 4,024 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

**** football.
GTOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 12:03pm   #3
Louie Detroit
Barn Stall Owner #0331
Activity: 86.3%

Thanked 8,065 Times in 3,324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wathen1955 View Post
Just think the number of times he was not caught drinking and driving. A little distraction for Patrick Mahomes before the Super Bowl.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/patrick-m...132443461.html
The Tigers really made this guy eat his lunch when he pitched against them for the Twinkees.
Louie Detroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 12:16pm   #4
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.2%

Thanked 42,160 Times in 17,554 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Whether you're stone cold sober or you've had something to drink, DO NOT take any drunk tests. Do NOT allow your eyes to be examined, do NOT consent to a PBT, and do not get chatty. Invoke the 5th and STFU. Any lawyer will tell you that.

You will probably STILL get arrested if the officer can smell alcohol on your breath, but at least you didn't provide him evidence to use against you.

The police report will still read the same:

~glassy/glossy, watery, bloodshot eyes
~unsteady gait
~overwhelming odor of alcohol
~slurred speech
~officer's training and experience leads him to believe you're drunk

That said, given the guy has had two previous DWI's, he's probably a functioning alcoholic. Normal people, having been bit on the ass once, especially twice, would make it a point not to put themselves in that position again. Alcoholics, however, won't be able to help themselves.

IF he's guilty, he'd be more helped by going to a rehab facility to get sober, then a few years of probation with mandatory, random alcohol testing, and forced installation of breathalyzer interlock systems in all of his cars. Admitting to "having a few" will turn out to be a significant mistake.

Edit: Having said that, I didn't take my own advice the only time I ever faced that situation. Went to have dinner with a friend and his friend. Friend's friend was already shitfaced and VERY loud when I got there. I had two drinks at dinner, and we eventually had to leave prematurely because friend's friend wouldn't STFU and our waiter, and then the manager complained.

We paid, left, then 2 cops confronted us in the parking lot by our cars. I allowed them to do the HGN test on me (mistake), the other one did one on my friend, neither one talked to the actual drunk, it was surely obvious he was blotto.

They consulted after the eye tests, said they'd let it all go if I agreed to take the other two home, which seemed reasonable for a department known for being hard asses.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2024, 12:20pm   #5
Big bob
A Real Barner
Activity: 92.4%

Thanked 1,807 Times in 1,086 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOguy View Post
**** football.

You will need a few more monkeys.
Big bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 1:53pm   #6
GTOguy
Barn Stall Owner #421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big bob View Post
HI ANTFARMER!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to GTOguy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2024, 2:26pm   #7
Tikiman
Barn Stall Owner #117
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 11,700 Times in 4,311 Posts

Quote:
HI ANTFARMER!!!

You must admit, this is one topic that Antfarmer (aka Large Slob) knows something about. When it comes to drinking and driving, he is something of a subject matter expert. Just ask his buddy, Dave. Oh, wait...
Tikiman is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tikiman For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2024, 2:41pm   #8
Onebadcad
Barn Stall Owner #116
Doesn't have a big thing
Activity: 99.8%

Thanked 9,609 Times in 4,833 Posts

****ING MORONS, an uber ride will cost about $20, lawyer fees for three DUIs is probably over $30K+.
Onebadcad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 2:42pm   #9
Anjdog2003
Due to inflation they are no longer free
Activity: 74.1%

Thanked 26,295 Times in 10,293 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $324490

Quote:

It amazes me that you would even post in this thread.
Anjdog2003 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anjdog2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2024, 3:16pm   #10
VITE1
Barn Stall Owner #69
Bantayan Kids '14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 1.8%

Thanked 12,547 Times in 5,860 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1084134

Quote:
The data also uncovered some other concerning statistics. For instance, when comparing first-time DUI offenders with repeat offenders, it was found that a person with a prior DUI has 4.1 times the risk of being involved in a fatal automobile accident. In another study, researchers found that the chances for being involved in a fatal car accident increased with every additional l DUI arrest.
Repeat DUI offenders are more likely to be in a fatal accident and for each additional DUI it keeps going up!

http://www.drunkdrivingstats.org/rep...offenders.html
VITE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 3:27pm   #11
Big bob
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjdog2003 View Post
It amazes me that you would even post in this thread.

Why because of Delusional Doug's little puppets? I am sure his ass will enjoy the attention and a good slurping.

Name:  img_4944_99a9577bfb7276f2acfebff0cb722ef2622c5d9c.jpeg
Views: 80
Size:  78.0 KB
Old 02-06-2024, 3:30pm   #12
GTOguy
Barn Stall Owner #421

Quote:
Why because of Delusional Doug's little puppets? I am sure his ass will enjoy the attention and a good slurping.

Attachment 96066
Okay.....now THAT is funny.
Old 02-06-2024, 4:22pm   #13
Tikiman
Barn Stall Owner #117
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 11,700 Times in 4,311 Posts

Quote:
Okay.....now THAT is funny.

He can say what he wants about Doug. Doug is a little strange. He has that aversion to honest work and has issues with drink dispensers. But one thing he has always been gifted at was internet sleuthery. Yes, I just made that word up. Like that television detective, Monk, Doug just seems to have a "feeling" about these things and he's been right too many times to disregard it. And, despite his many faults, Doug was always entertaining. Large Slob simply cannot say the same. Doug nailed him dead to rights with his expert analysis.

All large Slob has going for him are some oak stumps, a couple of old anvils, and a complete and utter inability to form proper sentence structure or use correct grammar and punctuation. Oh, and a felony conviction.

In this round: Doug 200 > Large Slob 0
Tikiman is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tikiman For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2024, 5:23pm   #14
Big bob
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikiman View Post
He can say what he wants about Doug. Doug is a little strange. He has that aversion to honest work and has issues with drink dispensers. But one thing he has always been gifted at was internet sleuthery. Yes, I just made that word up. Like that television detective, Monk, Doug just seems to have a "feeling" about these things and he's been right too many times to disregard it. And, despite his many faults, Doug was always entertaining. Large Slob simply cannot say the same. Doug nailed him dead to rights with his expert analysis.

All large Slob has going for him are some oak stumps, a couple of old anvils, and a complete and utter inability to form proper sentence structure or use correct grammar and punctuation. Oh, and a felony conviction.

DRINK DEEP MY LITTLE PUPPET

Name:  BB-Jesse.png
Views: 64
Size:  405.9 KB
Old 02-06-2024, 5:33pm   #15
theandies
A Real Barner
Activity: 25.9%

Thanked 1,307 Times in 538 Posts

Why does anyone this day an age drive with an open container. They know the laws but still do it anyway. Throw is ass in jail where he belongs. I don't give a shit what his son does for a living.
theandies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 5:35pm   #16
theandies
A Real Barner
Activity: 25.9%

Thanked 1,307 Times in 538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
Whether you're stone cold sober or you've had something to drink, DO NOT take any drunk tests. Do NOT allow your eyes to be examined, do NOT consent to a PBT, and do not get chatty. Invoke the 5th and STFU. Any lawyer will tell you that.

You will probably STILL get arrested if the officer can smell alcohol on your breath, but at least you didn't provide him evidence to use against you.

The police report will still read the same:

~glassy/glossy, watery, bloodshot eyes
~unsteady gait
~overwhelming odor of alcohol
~slurred speech
~officer's training and experience leads him to believe you're drunk

That said, given the guy has had two previous DWI's, he's probably a functioning alcoholic. Normal people, having been bit on the ass once, especially twice, would make it a point not to put themselves in that position again. Alcoholics, however, won't be able to help themselves.

IF he's guilty, he'd be more helped by going to a rehab facility to get sober, then a few years of probation with mandatory, random alcohol testing, and forced installation of breathalyzer interlock systems in all of his cars. Admitting to "having a few" will turn out to be a significant mistake.

Edit: Having said that, I didn't take my own advice the only time I ever faced that situation. Went to have dinner with a friend and his friend. Friend's friend was already shitfaced and VERY loud when I got there. I had two drinks at dinner, and we eventually had to leave prematurely because friend's friend wouldn't STFU and our waiter, and then the manager complained.

We paid, left, then 2 cops confronted us in the parking lot by our cars. I allowed them to do the HGN test on me (mistake), the other one did one on my friend, neither one talked to the actual drunk, it was surely obvious he was blotto.

They consulted after the eye tests, said they'd let it all go if I agreed to take the other two home, which seemed reasonable for a department known for being hard asses.

How about this:
DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE. DON'T GET BEHIND THE WHEEL OF A CAR IF YOU HAVE BEEN DRINKING EVEN IF IT'S JUST ONE SIP. IF YOU DO THAT YOU CAN AVOID ANY INTERACTION WITH AN LEO.

IT'S REALLY SIMPLE.
theandies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 10:50pm   #17
Yadkin
Barn Stall Owner #112
Activity: 99.7%

Thanked 4,836 Times in 2,857 Posts

Quote:
You must admit, this is one topic that Antfarmer (aka Large Slob) knows something about. When it comes to drinking and driving, he is something of a subject matter expert. Just ask his buddy, Dave. Oh, wait...

Yadkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 8:13am   #18
Mick
A Real Barner
Activity: 35.3%

Thanked 7,248 Times in 3,209 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12721

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
In NJ anyway, you can refuse the Field Sobriety Tests without repercussions. But if the officer has a reason to believe you might be impaired, and he always will, as you point out, he can require you to take a breathalyzer. If you refuse the breathalyzer, the legal repercussions are basically the same as being convicted of DWI, so you don't really have anything to lose, especially if you know you have had little or nothing to drink.

Quote:
I don't believe that there is such a thing as a "functioning alcoholic". Unfortunately, I have known several alcoholics, and they all think they are "functioning" when they aren't. They are doing the minimum at best, more likely the people around them are taking up a shit ton of slack for them.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mick For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2024, 9:23am   #19
6spdC6
A Real Barner
Activity: 44.6%

Location: NorthernNY! (A little town on the shores of the Great Sacandaga Lake) in the peoples republic of NY
Thanked 3,536 Times in 1,948 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2115673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
In NJ anyway, you can refuse the Field Sobriety Tests without repercussions. But if the officer has a reason to believe you might be impaired, and he always will, as you point out, he can require you to take a breathalyzer. If you refuse the breathalyzer, the legal repercussions are basically the same as being convicted of DWI, so you don't really have anything to lose, especially if you know you have had little or nothing to drink.

I don't believe that there is such a thing as a "functioning alcoholic". Unfortunately, I have known several alcoholics, and they all think they are "functioning" when they aren't. They are doing the minimum at best, more likely the people around them are taking up a shit ton of slack for them.
I have been around a few of them.(Now retired construction worker) One of the best welders I knew qualified as being in that category. Like the old joke says you would not know he was a drunk till one day you saw him sober. I worked around this man for years and am glad I did not have to pay his bar bill.

Also a very good MC painter could not do his best work till he tied one on and then his work was great.
6spdC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 9:34am   #20
Yadkin
Barn Stall Owner #112
Activity: 99.7%

Thanked 4,836 Times in 2,857 Posts

Quote:

All large Slob has going for him are some oak stumps, a couple of old anvils, and a complete and utter inability to form proper sentence structure or use correct grammar and punctuation. Oh, and a felony conviction for manslaughter.

Bold added.
Yadkin is online now   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic