Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Today, 11:16am   #501
GrandSportC3
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO View Post
...and you really don't have a problem with a company knowingly and willingly endangering the public in the name of "collecting data" so they can turn a profit?
Nobody is endangered if people monitor the system. The only way to have progress is with data. The only way to get data is to collect data which means using it in real world scenarios. EVERY SINGLE TIME that you take over because the system makes a mistake, that issue will be logged and included on future improvements on the system. The more data comes in, the better the system will get. The improvement within 1 year was already incredible. The system is getting better rapidly.
GrandSportC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:19am   #502
GrandSportC3
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
So the corrective action comes after "it does something dangerous or illegal?" A bit late at that point isn't it?
If you pay attention, it's a fraction of a second after it tries to do something incorrect. Many issues happen at intersections where the car comes to a full stop before trying to make a turn or just cross the street. At this point, if you feel that the car starts moving but the situation is too dangerous, you step on the brake.

Once FSD is ready, it will be an amazing feature. Especially people with disabilities that currently can't drive a car would be able to get in and the car would drive them where they need to go. This would be a great thing for those people. Overall, humanity will benefit if cars SAFELY can drive themselves.
Old Today, 12:09pm   #503
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 49.4%

Thanked 7,927 Times in 3,541 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandSportC3 View Post
If you pay attention, it's a fraction of a second after it tries to do something incorrect. Many issues happen at intersections where the car comes to a full stop before trying to make a turn or just cross the street. At this point, if you feel that the car starts moving but the situation is too dangerous, you step on the brake.
Yea, it seems perfectly reasonable that I should be expecting my car to try to kill me at every stop sign. What a marvel of technology that requires "fraction of a second" reaction times ... or death. Wonderful.

Quote:
Nobody is endangered if people monitor the system. The only way to have progress is with data. The only way to get data is to collect data which means using it in real world scenarios.
Nobody is endangered? I just gave you a perfect example of a person who was paying attention, doing everything he should be doing, and it endangered multiple people. A car that you have to prevent from accelerating into oncoming traffic from a stop sign on its own accord when it randomly decides to do so should not be on the f**king road. Having to wait until it decides it's going to try to kill you before jumping in to stop it is not acceptable.

What you are claiming is the equivalent of being signed up for a clinical trial and being forced to participate without consent. I don't f**king consent to being used as a part of Elon's study.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:14pm   #504
GrandSportC3
A Real Barner

Quote:
Yea, it seems perfectly reasonable that I should be expecting my car to try to kill me at every stop sign. What a marvel of technology that requires "fraction of a second" reaction times ... or death. Wonderful.

Nobody is endangered? I just gave you a perfect example of a person who was paying attention, doing everything he should be doing, and it endangered multiple people. A car that you have to prevent from accelerating into oncoming traffic from a stop sign on its own accord when it randomly decides to do so should not be on the f**king road. Having to wait until it decides it's going to try to kill you before jumping in to stop it is not acceptable.

What you are claiming is the equivalent of being signed up for a clinical trial and being forced to participate without consent. I don't f**king consent to being used as a part of Elon's study.
Nobody is forced to use it. If the car starts moving from a stand still, it does not take long to stop it.
Old Today, 12:51pm   #505
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

Quote:
Nobody is forced to use it.
Wrong.

I'M being forced to trust it. The guy in the truck that had my coworker's Model 3 pull out in front of him is being FORCED to be a part of Elon's f**king data collection.

You're welcome for being a data point.

Quote:
If the car starts moving from a stand still, it does not take long to stop it.
You're trying really hard to justify a car ACCELERATING into oncoming traffic because "it made a mistake". Yea, no biggie. It's all for the good of society.
Old Today, 12:58pm   #506
GrandSportC3
A Real Barner

Quote:
Wrong.

I'M being forced to trust it. The guy in the truck that had my coworker's Model 3 pull out in front of him is being FORCED to be a part of Elon's f**king data collection.

You're welcome for being a data point.

You're trying really hard to justify a car ACCELERATING into oncoming traffic because "it made a mistake". Yea, no biggie. It's all for the good of society.
The amount of FSD accidents is very very low compared to other accident causes. Texting probably has killed 10000 times more than FSD has.
Old Today, 1:06pm   #507
Steve_R
A Real Barner
Activity: 61.6%

Thanked 34,198 Times in 12,039 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1025333

Quote:
The amount of FSD accidents is very very low compared to other accident causes. Texting probably has killed 10000 times more than FSD has.
So it's okay because other things are worse. That's a great argument right there.
Steve_R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 5:13pm   #508
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

Quote:
So I can punch you in the face … because shooting you would be worse? Great argument.

Simple question. Has FSD made more or less mistakes than you would behind the wheel?

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic