View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 5:32pm   #24
OddBall
A Real Barner
Activity: 36.0%

Thanked 10,517 Times in 5,423 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $29466197

Glad that's over with.

Case was about some father-raper and litter-bug from the "Group W Bench" gang. We had to hang 'em.

Actually nothing happened. All 120 of us sat crammed in the Jury Pool room for 9 hours. And you would think that with a name like "Jury Pool room", that there'd be a couple of pool tables and at least a beer bar. But nooooooooooo. And you'd think they'd have at least some free coffee. Nope.

And Lord have mercy, that room was hot. Everyone in there was dozing off. And that wasn't easy in those crappy chairs they parked us in.

Actually I played this one kind of smart. The clerk mentioned that there was only one trial still scheduled. A few minutes later she asked if some of the folks would like to sit in the courtroom. So about a third left to go sit in the courtroom. F'ck that! When they start picking jurors, those poor bastards are the first they are going to question. I figure with only one trial for the day and the size of the pool, my chances are already down to 1 in 10. I'm not about to sit in the courtroom and increase the odds! And that's pretty much what happened. They got their jurors picked by the end of the day and those guys are going back tomorrow. I'm sleeping in.
OddBall is offline   Reply With Quote