Defib1961
Barn Stall Owner #23
Barn Raising I
Activity: 0%

Thanked 5,881 Times in 2,031 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $144580
Default MOTHER F$&@!ING HOSPITAL!!!

Sorry, but this is a rant.

As a 26 year veteran of the medical field (Paramedic) I have worked for hospital-based services, for-profit services, and a county-based service. Last night, November 20, 2020, I received absolutely the worst most neglectful care I have EVER received as not only a paramedic but also a patient. I arrived with transfer packet in hand (POV as opposed to transport via ambulance) at 0100. As my wife and I walked in, we were told my wife could not wait in the waiting room or in the exam room with me. WE WERE TOLD SHE WOULD HAVE TO WAIT OUTSIDE IN OUR CAR! 1 o'clock in the morning and you want a small woman to wait in a parking lot that is patroled maybe every 30 minutes by a security car. After 2 and 1/2 hours, I had been triaged and taking back to a "holding area". That is the best I can describe it. ONE nurse had eventually strolled by and after seeing me pacing and standing due to restless leg syndrome. Informed me, "If you have to pee, just take that off (the pulse oximeter) and the bathroom is right there." Later on a return trip, I was told there were no beds open. Then why did you accept the transfer from Texas Health Stephenville? The ONLY reason I asked for southwest was because it was the closest. That was when I removed the mask, pulse oximeter, and blood pressure cuff and walked out. I had full intentions of handling my issue on my own after leaving your facility consequence be damned. It was then that I remembered Baylor All Saints. WE proceeded to the ED there, were accepted into the ED, (MY WIFE INCLUDED!!!) and by 0900 this morning we were on our way home with the issue resolved. MAKING MY WIFE WAIT IN AN UNSECURED PARKING LOT ALL NIGHT IS INEXCUSABLE! Want to know how to treat patient's and their families, Go to Baylor All Saints and take notes. Negative stars, would not and will not recommend.
The staff at THR Stephenville were fantastic and were as accommodating as they could be. Thank you to Dr. Clark and Brook and all others who helped. I am truly sorry I either have forgotten your names or never caught them. To the staff at Baylor All Saints, THANK YOU!!!! I have been a patient in an ER on a few occasions and you were all the best there is. Dr. Chang, Emily all of you did FANTASTIC!. To the surgical staff, NONE BETTER!