RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 20.5%

Thanked 7,774 Times in 3,459 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandSportC3 View Post
You probably have carfax access and you can check the odometer history on that car. I was not lying.
I'd say that you would be more mistaken on both cause and intent of the dealer than flat out lying.

The entire point being that dealers aren't the ones rolling mileage. It's quite simply not worth it to do so, even for the shadiest scumbag out there.

A mileage rollback done exactly as you claim wouldn't have even made it beyond the title office. There's no way that sale would have ever gone through the paperwork processing, much less gone through undetected. This was actually titled at a higher mileage and then lowered again which would have clearly flagged a "Not Actual" on the title, which is exactly what actually happened. This wasn't a Carfax detected mileage change using their super sleuthing skills.

Funny story. You might be happy to know that the dealer in this case is almost certainly the 1 that got ripped off. My bet, they didn't process the title before it hit the lot. If they had, it would have been flagged already. The ONLY possibility of the dealer being in the wrong is if it actually did have a "Not Actual" flag which was not disclosed properly. And yes, there are very specific requirements around that as well.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8151.jpeg  

Attached Images

RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote