10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.2%

Thanked 41,977 Times in 17,482 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
She could have even more new laws and it wouldn't have changed a thing in Woodburg. They already had the entire litany of left-wing feel-good gun laws and regulations there. Everything they want was right there. Also interesting that his manifesto has been hidden from the public.
Actually, no. The misnamed "gun show loophole," AKA a private seller not being required to run a background check on a purchaser, is not there. Of course, our shooter actually bought his guns and had background checks each time, so this may be a moot point.

The problem with making private transfer of firearms illegal without government permission, though, is obvious. Parents giving gifts to their kids will make both of them newly minted criminals, friends selling or giving guns to other friends they know well will be criminals, and most importantly, how could most people who have already purchased or been given weapons prior to the passage of such a law prove that the transaction took place before the law was passed? I doubt I could find receipts from guns I have lost in a tragic boating accident now if my life depended on it.
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post: