RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 23.4%

Thanked 7,792 Times in 3,468 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandSportC3 View Post
A dealer is a professional. They have staff that looks at trades. They won't take a customer by their word.
There is a different expectancy of honesty between individuals and a business.

Quote:
Again, there is quite a difference between an individual and a business. Individuals are not guided by laws regulating businesses.
Look how fast that righteous indignation and all of that bullshit about ethics, morals, and integrity just flew out the window...

Quote:
If a private individual buys from another private individual, there is an expectation of risk as consumer protections do not extend to private sales unless of course, the seller states certain things in the contract. He can be held by any statements made in the sales contract. If it is a standard AS IS contract, there is little legal recourse. A dealer can't legally hide things like title issues. Legally, there is a huge difference between a business and an individual.
What in the hell are you even arguing?

Quote:
This didn't happen just once. I looked at several cars at small dealers and found that the odometer was rolled back. Of course they can claim that it was rolled back when they got the vehicle. I know for a fact that they were rolled back as I ALWAYS run a carfax. Good Dealers usually have the carfax of any vehicle that they are selling. It's a red flag if they don't have it.
You're lying.

It's that simple. You're making shit up.

And the best part of it is that after all of your talk of being a "seasoned buyer", you are too ignorant to realize that you fell for the most misleading bullshit in the entire auto industry. Carfax. Do you know who told you that it was a red flag? Carfax told you. Let that sink in for a minute. Carfax marketing told you that not having a Carfax is a red flag. Where do you think Carfax inputs come from?

Carfax is garbage.

Quote:
While it is illegal, it is often hard to prove that the dealer did it. They can always claim that the car had a bad CPU and they had to swap it out and coincidentally, the car that the new CPU came from had a lower mileage.
Stop lying.

Changing an ECU (I assume that's what you meant) doesn't change the mileage. That's not how it works. Maybe you should try to educate yourself before posting more ignorant nonsense.

Quote:
I run carfax reports on any car I'm looking at. I refuse to get screwed. If you have a car that shows the mileage constantly going up to 250k+ miles and then the same car is offered with 95k miles, this is definitely fraud. It's just hard to prove WHO did it. Unless you catch the dealer in the act swapping out the car's computer, how can it be proven?
If you think Carfax prevents you from getting screwed...

Can't lie. You falling that hard for blatantly misleading marketing after all of this really makes me laugh.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote