Old 11-06-2013, 1:22pm   #42
island14
Bamboo Boy
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,15
Activity: 99.5%

Thanked 8,006 Times in 4,537 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11975076

Quote:
HAIYAN approaching Super Typhoon (STY) status as it rapidly gained strength due to the emergence of a pinhole-sized eye a few hours ago...now poses a serious threat to Eastern Visayas and Northeastern Mindanao. The initial potential landfall area of this typhoon remains along the Samar-Leyte Area on Friday morning, November 08.

This typhoon is similar in track and strength of Super Typhoon MIKE (RUPING) which passed across the Visayas in November of 1991 and devastated much of Metro Cebu. Residents living along the eastern seaboards of the Philippines from Northern Quezon...Bicol Region...down to Northeastern Mindanao should closely monitor the approach of this potentially destructive typhoon. Plans for emergency situations and/or disaster management planning must be implemented beginning today as the storm is only 3 days away from hitting land.

Meanwhile, Tropical Depression 30W (WILMA) has accelerated and is approaching the coast of Southern Vietnam. As of 5:00 am today, its center was estimated about 385 km ESE of Nha Trang, Vietnam (near 11.8N 112.7E). With maximum winds of 55 kph near the center and was moving westward at 31 kph in the general direction of Southern Vietnam.

Residents and visitors along Northeastern Mindanao, Visayas, Bicol Region and Eastern Luzon should closely monitor the development of Haiyan.

Do not use this for life or death decisions. This update is intended for additional information purposes only. Kindly refer to your national weather agency for official warnings, advisories or bulletins.

http://weather.com.ph/announcements/...ate-number-004
No one that I know of from here in our village went fishing tonight, some brought their small boats ashore, but some also left them at anchor.....

I kinda think tomorrow will be the real problem, not tonight.

Meanwhile the electric will go out, I just don't know when.

When it does I will move the computer, TV, and everything else that can become water damaged down stairs to help protect it.
island14 is offline   Reply With Quote