Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,686 Times in 13,644 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478
Default My Dad - 1939-2022

I have been away from the Barn under the worst of circumstances. I lost my Father in the early hours of last Monday morning. After 62 years of marriage, to say my mom is devastated, is an understatement.

Everyone has unique family relationships and everyone believes it is genuinely so. Just as I do. The uniqueness of my family is that I am an only child and because we moved a lot as a kid, we became the Three Musketeers. Traveling together, eating together, camping, movies, you name it... doing everything as a only a group of three.

Friendships and marriage pulled me off on my own path but for several of these past few years, my parents have lived with me and everything came full circle back to just the three of us. I'm very happy for that. It has been great being able to be with my parents and make sure they have a nice place to stay that is safe and comfortable.

My Dad had multiple health problems but remained strong and retained his sense of humor until the end. He was a much loved person by his friends and was always good for a laugh. He told corny jokes and could act like a kid with no regard for what anyone thought. My dad was tough as nails and and gentle as a puppy all in one. He was by far the absolute most fearless person I know. Not afraid of a single thing. I can only describe my childhood as being raised by a dad with all the humor and silliness of Jerry Lewis mixed with power and fearlessness of Superman.

He was absolutely my one and only hero and my life is forever changed by his absence. Everything I have ever been able to do is because of my parents. My successes are their successes.

I will close by asking that each of you reflect on your own families and if there is anything that needs to be said, anything that needs to be done, stop and MAKE the time to do it. Tomorrow could be too late and is not guaranteed.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 81 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
04 commemorative, 16again, 73sbVert, 78SA, 86RAG, allthrottleandsomebottle, Anjdog2003, BADRACR1, benny42, Big bob, Bill, Black94lt1, Broken Wind, DAB, Dan Dlabay, Dan47, Datawiz, DJ_Critterus, Don Rickles, dvarapala, dwjz06, Entropy, erickpl, Grey Ghost, gs568, Hardluck, IrishSpuds, JRD77VET, Learpilot, LisaJohn, Loco Vette, m and t's77, MEANZ06, Mick, Mike Mercury, MikeB, Millenium Vette, Moond0ggie, Mr Hole, mrvette, MrWhan, NCC-1701, NEED-A-VETTE, Norm, Ol Timer, Olustee bus, Onebadcad, OnPoint, outrunm, PortDawg, Raazor, ratflinger, realvc, Rikki Z-06, RMVette, Rob, Rodnok1, RonC5, Shrike6, simpleman68, slewfoot, snide, SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84, Stangkiller, Steve_R, sublime1996525, Taurus, the new me, ThePirate, The_Dude, Thunder22, tjfontaine, Tpatt, TripleBlack, Vandelay Industries, Vette40th, vettemed, Vettpapaw, VITE1, Zed16, ZipZap