Old 05-10-2010, 8:55am   #47
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $16626

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyThreadkiller View Post
Let me restate my original question.

I'd like your serious and considered opinion on what you think he's doing right.

I'm not interested in cut and paste opinions and linked taking points from media outlets any more than you care what Glen Beck says.

You mentioned that you believe he is underrated as a leader. How is he leading? The Democrats have a Supermajority in Congress. The right side of the aisle is as irrelevant as tits on a boar hog, and yet all of the "Change" that was supposed to be swept in, has been laborious, anguished and divisive.

The GOP is branded as the party of No - but the truth is - so what - they don't matter. Their total voting minority means everything the President wants to do should be a slam dunk. There's a either a serious lack of leadership or even the centrist elements of the Democratic party have reservations about the programs that are being steamrolled through Congress with back room deals and obscure administrative moves.
we've been trying to get health care in this country since the New Deal days. he did it. there were a lot of Dems on the fence or flat out opposed to it. he brought them on board. it may not be the heath care we wanted, but it's a start & 31 million people are thankful. his actions avoided what most economists universally agree would have been the worst depression the world has ever seen by passing Tarp. he saved GM's azz.truth be known, he saved the USA's & most of the civilized world's azz with these measures. I know how you feel about GM. don't tell me you aren't glad they didn't go down in a giant ball of flames. being hasty in leaving Iraq is dumb after all we've invested/sacrificed over there. we have a timeline but we can't leave it vulnerable. Gitmo & human torture will soon be things of the past. the Right knows this,so the only thing they can do is whine again about the timeline & say that terrorists aren't POW's & we should be able to do anything we want with them. even George Washington forbid torture. if you watched the Blair House meetings on health care with the Pubs you saw a bunch of arrogant, overly sure politicians get their azzes handed to them by who they used to just consider a community organizer with no political experience. that's where the "underestimating" came in on their part. the thing is, the Pubs have been against EVERY SINGLE THING that has been proposed by the Dems. they have tried to minimize EVERY SINGLE THING that the Dems have accomplished. Party of No isn't strong a enough metaphor. they aren't concerned with moving America forward. they are concerned with their own party politics & if they think the public doesn't see what's going on because they have guys like Limbaugh & Beck blocking for them they are mistaken.....but, then again.....look at their recent record. they've made a BUNCH of mistakes. underestimating Obama was one of them.

Last edited by Z06PDQ; 05-10-2010 at 8:58am.
Z06PDQ is offline   Reply With Quote