View Single Post
Old 12-03-2023, 8:23pm   #227
Will
Barn Stall Owner #15
Fantasy Football Champ '11,'13,'17
Activity: 0%

Location: Somewhere between mild insanity and complete psychosis.
Thanked 2,447 Times in 1,241 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1050381

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onebadcad View Post
So now one else thinks FSU got the high, hard one??
I would if the actual criteria was most deserving. It is not.

The team that actually got jobbed under the explicit guidelines of the CFP was Alabama last year, when the committee put in the more deserving TCU over the clearly better Alabama.

If King Will designed the college football playoff, it would remain 4 teams with the PAC going away and there would be no committee and no verbiage of "deserving" or "best" and instead the 4 Power 4 Conference Champs would go, the end.

Otherwise the BCS was better. As far as I'm concerned, NO one should be complaining about being left out because the entire reason we veered away from the traditional bowl system was that there was occasionally a real argument between #1 and #2, 2 different #1s in the coaches and ap polls, etc. and the 2 teams played in DIFFERENT bowls so the argument could not be settled on the field. The BCS fixed that, and there was no need for a dumb playoff. We had a grand total of ONE season under the BCS where #3 had a legit argument they were #1, undefeated SEC champ Auburn in 2004. But lesser minds than me wanted a dumb playoff, so we got a 4 team playoff.

This season, there is no argument beyond the Top 2 teams who should be ranked #1 in the final poll following conference title week. It's Michigan and Washington. FSU would have been a 3rd team had Travis not been hurt, but he was and FSU's offense stunk the last 2 games. Only Michigan and Washington had an argument to be ranked #1, and only Michigan or Washington would have been criminal to leave out of the playoff. If I, the biggest SEC homer on this board, was in charge of college football, the national champion would be either Michigan or Washington. But we have a dumb 4 team playoff, so I'll be rooting for 'Bama to win it all since I had to endure Ohio State, who should not have been in the title conversation, winning the 1st national title under the dumb playoff committee system.
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Will For This Useful Post: