View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 8:31am   #3
lutzdog
Charter Member
Barn Raising II
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $595211
Default Ongoing

The long saga started when i first got the vehicle. The active handeling engaged and reduced engine power so i disabled then re enabled and got home fine. I was getting on it so i didn't pay it any mind.

When i went to corvettes at carlisle on the way there it activated several times on the long trip and when i pulled in on sat going 4 mph it activated saying reduced engine power and the check engine light came on.

pulled into the parking spot a 1mph and turned the vehicle off and checked the dic got the following C codes

While there i asked the corvette guru and he basically told me that the culprit might be and sounds like the electronic ebtcm. Problem i later found out is that gm no longer makes this part so i scrounged one from a forum member off of a 97 that had 50,000 miles that had been wrecked.

Put that part on and seemed to be working fine it engaged a couple of times over the next month no codes though. then it engaged again and the service engine soon message displayed across the dic. I checked the codes and this time had the following C codes

Which was a sterring sensor and a lf wss sensor. I ran thru the diagnostics on the service manuals checked the grounds (all of them and cleaned them) checked the voltage on the wss go the required voltage. I then cleaned and checked the harness for the wss up front and back cleaning the connections and got the required voltage from them as well. Checked the ohms on the sensors they were within specs.

Having cleaned all the connections on the harness themselves is where i am at now and it did engage again. I am at a loss the only thing that i can think of now is replace the steering sensor and have a Front end alignment and balancing of the tires.

I can figure most things out but this could get expensive so i don't want to keep throwing pies at the wall replacing parts. Now if they are all bad i will get a third job to do it but u understand
lutzdog is offline   Reply With Quote