Old 12-29-2019, 11:59am   #1
sasnglass77
Barn Raising III
Activity: 0%

Thanked 2,506 Times in 1,872 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $115270713
Default Post up your Christmas drama...

I'll start.

Ours started a few days before Christmas. Niece's brother in law getting a divorce, so she asks can he and his 4 kids come to dinner. We say sure, don't know him too well, however, can't let them go hungry on Christmas. So, the BIL decided to invite his new GF; not asking us if that was alright.

(Not that we would say no, but it would have been nice to be asked not told.)

So Christmas day comes. Keeping in mind I told my family we would be eating at 3. At 2:45 my Mom calls, "what time do you want us there?" I replied 3 (there is no way Mom and nephews will be here by 3). Now my younger brother who was supposed to pick up my friend Ed (who is wheelchair bound and in a personal care facility 20 miles away and the opposite direction...) comes up very late. My niece who is ALWAYS late was actually the first ones (her and her family and the BIL and tribe in tote)

And lets just say things went spiraling downward fast from there.

I got so stressed and upset that Alan and I brought a plate for our neighbor and visited with him for for a while. (me for 15 mins the first time and Alan about an hour)

Merry freaking Christmas

Cliff notes:
1 Was told we were having an additional guest
2 Everyone was late
3 Mom ordered niece all trays on table to be opened (there were 2 dessert trays) appetizers were on table and opened. People eating desserts.
4 Mom was going off about the sweet potatoes not being on the table yet (me: up and down to check on them)
5 Rushed through dinner time for desserts
6 Nephew who drove my Mom was in a hurry up eat and run mode.
7 Didn't get to visit with anyone.
8 Stranger's kids jumping on my furniture

Resent being the cook and dishwasher and maid.
sasnglass77 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sasnglass77 For This Useful Post: