Old 05-29-2020, 4:02pm   #51
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,686 Times in 13,644 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

I feel like I cannot stress this enough so I will make sure it cannot be missed...

The guy did not deserve to be killed. <<< Pay attention to this <<<<<<

However, I will apply the same logic the mask people use and say "Even if it helps a LITTLE BIT" you can avoid being killed by the police...

By not committing a crime. It's no guarantee...but even if it helps a LITTLE to keep you alive...DON'T BREAK THE LAW !!

If you GENUINELY feel "hunted", "singled out", "persecuted", whatever as a person or as a race, I would think the LAST thing you would do is break the law and give the police a REASON to cross your path.

Example:

In the US, I might be tempted to push the speed limit, I might take a short cut through a gas station, I might drive past the expiration on my tags...

Now put me in North Korea and HELL NO. Why? Because I don't want to be in a North Korean jail.

If minorities applied this same logic 50 years ago, don't you think by now, they would no longer be like fishing in a barrel? Racial profiling works...because IT WORKS !!

Break that system and you break the system. Meaning, after 5,000,000 stops with no drugs found, no weapons found, no stolen merchandise found, the profiling will stop because it DOESN'T WORK !
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post: