View Single Post
Old 11-24-2019, 8:53am   #5
Rodnok1
A Real Barner
Activity: 52.2%

Thanked 23,926 Times in 9,935 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $315482

My mother was just about stone deaf so I learned early in life about hearing aids. The cheapos back then had horrible sound and were basically amps. Later when digital units were getting refined she could hear just what she wanted not all the clutter. Her Dr customized them for her and I suspect that made all the difference.
My FIL who worked in a auto plant and onboard ships for 40 years finally got hearing aids about 4 or 5 years ago, made all the difference he said. He didn't realize how bad his hearing had become. His units are in the ear style, and after dealing with my mom's issues I don't think I would wany over the ear myself. So yes you pay for the size of them. His unfortunately do not have bluetooth.
It really depends on your hearing loss and situation which units may be better for you, I wouldn't want your opinion on aids to sour because of cheap units that do not fit right nor perform well.
You don't buy a Yugo and expect Vette performance so don't expect the cheap units to do anywhere as well as the expensive units.
Rodnok1 is online now   Reply With Quote