View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 4:02pm   #1
lspencer534
Dorkapottamus
Barn Stall Owner #52
Activity: 4.6%

Thanked 20,246 Times in 6,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9339471
Default You surely must understand my surprise...

Newly-minted Alabama Sen. Doug Jones — the Democrat who defeated Roy Moore last week to win the seat vacated when Jeff Sessions became Attorney General — isn't even seated yet and he's already doling out advice to his Congressional colleagues:

Take it easy on Trump.

On CNN's "State of the Union" Sunday morning, Doug Jones was asked what he thought about the sexual harassment allegations leveled at Donald Trump before the election, which appeared again last week in an apparent effort to tie the president in to the "#MeToo movement.

Jones was clear: Democrats aren't going to win that battle and need to move on.

"Those allegations were made before the election, and so people had an opportunity to judge before that election," he said. "I think we need to move on and not get distracted by those issues. Let's get on with the real issues that are facing people of this country right now, and I don't think that the President ought to resign at this point. We'll see how things go. But certainly those allegations are not new, and he was elected with those allegations front and center."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/24782...n=uschronicle#

I'll have to digest this...but my first thought is, "What's he up to? Sounds much too sane coming from a Democrat...."
lspencer534 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lspencer534 For This Useful Post: