Old 08-19-2012, 7:37pm   #192
78SA
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 3,201 Times in 2,015 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3632152

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4vetteguy View Post
I beg to differ, especially from my side of the fence. Yes there are wills and POA's, but spend a night sitting the a hospital waiting room with your best friend who's partner of 20 years has been in a car wreck, and he can't go see him because his parents don't agree with his lifestyle and won't let him back. I did that almost 9 months ago, a week later he and I were sitting in the back of the church at his funeral, not really welcome there by his family, not allowed to go the the coffin to say goodbye. Yes, after all that time together there should have been some kind of will or POA, which they did not have, but after 20 years together, what would your reaction be in that situation? Bet you would kinda think it is unfair as well, it is a right that married couples have that he did not because they could not get married. Or I will even through this out since it is brought up in a lot of threads that they deserve respect, he is also a veteran having served in the Navy for 13 years, volunteered to protect and die for his country, but not allowed to say goodbye to the person he loved.

People say "it will never happen to me", but, I had to watch my best friend say his final goodbye to a PICTURE of the person he was devoted to for 20 years because his partner's parents didn't agree with his lifestyle. I am not going to start shooting people from a clock tower, or spray painting fast food restaurants, but I am not going to site idle and silent either.

RIP Max, I have been keeping Spence out of trouble for ya. Miss ya buddy.
You don't have to be gay to be in that kind of situation. Lot's of fathers and mothers don't approve of their sons or daughters choice in bf/gf.
78SA is offline   Reply With Quote