View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 7:55pm   #15
thegreenman
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #22
Activity: 0.4%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8878

I got it together Friday night like I planned but had a bad power steering fluid leak so I could not go on my trip. Turns out I was missing adapters and a high pressure hose from my HPE Flip Drive kit which will be delivered tomorrow. I attempted to bend the OEM line to work for the weekend trip but it did not hold the pressure and made quite the mess.

Part that suks, I had to take a lot of the parts off again that I just installed.

My truck of parts is disappearing as I install.

I was going to polish my alternator bracket but decided I didn't have enough time and bought a chrome one. I started to polish but realized how much time it was going to take.

The alternator bracket had to be cut and a little grinding to fit with my HPE Flip Drive.

Installed a new High Power alternator, the stock one just doesn't put out enough power.

Since I went with an oversized harmonic balancer I could not install the serpentine belt because it is so close to the subframe the belt would not fit between the balancer and subframe, so I could not install the belt without lifting the engine. I decided to go back to the stock motor height and ordered Pfadt motor mounts. I went with the lowered engine due to hood clearance issue during my supercharger install, even lowered I had to replace the hood. I was able to close the hood with the engine back in its original height, I still need to check to see how close I am but I will do that later. The lowered (modified) mounts on the left, stock motor brackets with Pfadt motor mounts on the right.

Almost done, hopefully I can find the time to finish this soon.
thegreenman is offline   Reply With Quote