C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 29.9%

Thanked 7,771 Times in 3,458 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandSportC3 View Post
Here are 2 factual dealer experiences.

In 2011, I was on the market for a new Hyundai Elantra (wanted a fuel efficient commuter car in addition to my Vettes), 6-speed, GLS (base version). I went to the closest dealer to my office (Brandon Hyundai) and asked if they have such car. They didn't but they said that they could get one for me from another Florida dealer. We agreed on a price and they ran my credit and approved my loan. I had a 2004 F250 V10 that I wanted to trade in. The truck had was in great shape and had a trade in value of $9800. They offered me $3000 for the truck which was a joke.. I said: "no, thanks, I'll sell the truck privately. I can get a lot more for it". When I rejected their trade in offer, they told me that if I won't trade my truck, the price of the car would go up $2k.
I basically told them to **** themselves and walked out. Found the car I wanted at an out of state dealer. Bought the car for the advertised price without any mark ups and drove it home from out of state.
BTW, I also ended up selling my F250 V10 for $11k privately.
So they told you exactly what was happening and why.

And somehow in your world, this is "misleading".

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandSportC3 View Post
I already talked about my other experience when I tried to buy an Ioniq 5 for my wife...They lied to me on the phone to get me into the door and they actually had $12k mark ups on their IONIQ 5's...
Bullshit again. Assuming that they actually did say what you claim (which is doubtful), you have absolutely no clue what the intent was. It could have been someone on the phone who made a simple mistake. You could have misheard them. It could be many things. No dealer on this planet is going to try to "sneak" $12,000 into a price and hope you don't notice. That's absolutely f**king stupid.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote