Old 04-15-2019, 11:49pm   #84
LilRedCorvette
A Real Barner
Activity: 6.5%

Thanked 3,565 Times in 1,393 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3016342

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD77VET View Post
Just wanted to thank everyone again for the posts, comments, emails, texts, PM's and phone calls. It really helps.

We give all we can and they seem to multiply it and give back more. That must be why it hurts so bad when we lose them.

Jeff
Still in my thoughts and prayers it really does hurt something awful for such a very long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeabody View Post
There's a reason why we generally outlive them.

It's hard on us, but we have ways of dealing with it, such as the comfort you have received from your friends here. Imagine what it is like for them when we leave this earth before they do. We owe it to them to be there with them in their final hours and moments, like most of us have done at one time or another. It's a small thing considering the unconditional love we get from them for what is to them a lifetime. You did a noble thing, and Levi knew it and loved you for it.
This comment really struck a chord with me.

Cosmo unexpectedly lost his first owner several years ago (went to the hospital for a procedure and didn't make it out )...his family found my email and he ended up with me.

Cosmo almost lost me (his second owner) when I full-coded/required resuscitation after a surgery I had in November 2017.

I lost Cosmo on 11/3/18 and often thought that it would have been easier on me if I ended up going first that year ahead...but then thought about how selfish that thought was, and how awful for him it would have been if that did happen. As much as this grief process has sucked, you're absolutely right; I have the resources to get through it more than he would have.

Thank you for the reminder.
LilRedCorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LilRedCorvette For This Useful Post: