View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 10:12am   #10
Thunder22
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.3%

Thanked 2,770 Times in 1,283 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $216475

As Veterans Day is tomorrow, I've been seeing a lot of well intentioned posts around the internet, and some are confused as to the difference so I thought I would try to help clear it up.

Don't get me wrong, any remembrance of anyone in the military on any day of the year is always a good thing, I'm just clearing up the differences

for the TL;DR folks: Memorial Day is to honor members of the military who died in service to their/our country, Veterans Day is to honor the living Veterans.

Q. What is the difference between Veterans Day and Memorial Day?

A. Many people confuse Memorial Day and Veterans Day. Memorial Day is a day for remembering and honoring military personnel who died in the service of their country, particularly those who died in battle or as a result of wounds sustained in battle. While those who died are also remembered, Veterans Day is the day set aside to thank and honor ALL those who served honorably in the military - in wartime or peacetime. In fact, Veterans Day is largely intended to thank LIVING veterans for their service, to acknowledge that their contributions to our national security are appreciated, and to underscore the fact that all those who served - not only those who died - have sacrificed and done their duty.
Thunder22 is offline   Reply With Quote