View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 7:19am   #65
island14
Bamboo Boy
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,15
Activity: 99.6%

Thanked 8,006 Times in 4,537 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11975076

Irish and the kids all left to higher ground this morning and I have been moving stuff around to better spots to stay dry in case we loose the roof again.

Better safe than sorry I guess..

I just got back home from checking on my family and the feeling is kinda surreal out there tonight.

Not many people out, and the few I saw were carrying sacks of possessions so I assumed they were heading to higher ground places to stay.

The churches and schools are already full of people sleeping there, I guess they wanted to be early to reserve themselves a spot.

The place where Irish wanted to go is over near Sillion on high ground, it's where Tata's mother in law lives, in a group of homes that were built by Islamic Relief.

Nicely built small homes about the size of a one car garage, 14 X 16 foot.. and about 75 of them lined up in rows.

Plenty far enough from the sea and high enough so no problems, and no trees nearby to fall on the homes there either... so that I liked.

Chico my older son came home with me as he was bored there, but we will head back over there sometime tomorrow.

Like Rob said it looks like the eye of the storm is going to pass north of us from the maps online at this time, and the storm has also started to slow down some they say.

So things are looking better now as compared to yesterday anyways..

I think they should just cancel it due to rain myself.
island14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to island14 For This Useful Post: