Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,680 Times in 13,639 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
No. Just no. Oh dear God no.

Sorry, this is terrible advise on passwords. Sorry Aerovette.

My advice is to use a password organizer program. I use KeePass2 which works great for me but may not the be ideal program for everyone. There are a ton of them out there. It can generate pretty much impossible-to-break passwords with ease, or your can use whatever ones you like and it will grade you on how good they are. I have it set up so it synchronizes with several devices/computers so if I need to add one on my Linux laptop, it is in the same database as on my Windows computer or iPad/iPhone.

Other than that, keeping a notebook of passwords and having it well organized and a good hiding place is OK I guess but will get you destroyed if anyone gets their hands on it.
It is NOT meant as a high security measure.

It is meant as a way to remember. I am certainly aware it is VERY risky, but no one knows what my particular pattern is. Could be a VIN, license plate, calendar date, numeric value of a name, year of a vehicle...anything. Also, the phone could be "phone" " or "Landline" or "Verizon" or " MaBell" or any of a few dozen options and I could spell it backwards etc. The odds of a human figuring it out is pretty slim. Possibly some program, but still don't think so.

Bad advice, but good for remembering.
Aerovette is online now   Reply With Quote