View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 7:41am   #3
Rodnok1
A Real Barner
Activity: 52.5%

Thanked 23,927 Times in 9,935 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $315482

I have a spiral folder I've kept passwords in for 10 years, I keep all the old ones and date everything. Saved my ass once when "a breach" occurred and made everyone get new passwords. Well since I couldn't pass the online security shit(where have you lived, car license plates, etc) as I have a common name and I couldn't answer questions as they weren't about me. Almost 3 days of on/off calling the company I finally got the right person and since I had extensive info on past accounts/passwords they were eventually able to let me in. Yes it was a total cluster... The nice lady on the phone was very helpful but unfortunately my problems were above her pay grade, she got mad and got it fixed though.

On another note, extremely difficult passwords on sites like forums are stupid , especially when they have to be reset every few months. Just to login at the last place I worked your needed a complex password and the had a litany of requirements and kept the last 2 years passwords that couldn't use, then there were the 6 other passwords just to access email and various employee sites on a daily basis.

I did get someone fired at our company HQ over passwords, he thought it'd be cute to throw a crude word password generator file in the system. They reset all passwords and sent a one time password, 10% of them were various genitalia words. Friend started laughing when he got his password and since he reset it he shared, I had overhead another person saying the same about the passwords. Quick call to the boss and the guy was shown the door in a couple of hrs. Of course because of it they reset all passwords again.
Rodnok1 is online now   Reply With Quote