NCM Supporter '16,'17,'19,'20
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 8.3%

Thanked 21,887 Times in 8,906 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5976008

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVRL8T View Post
Witnessed? It HAPPENED to me. When I was in high school, I had a pretty badassed three wheeler for the time. 1986 Honda 250R. It snowed nearly a foot and I was out terrorizing the neighborhood. These kids would build snowmen and I would mow them down with my three wheeler. After I mowed one snowman down a couple of streets over, I came back that afternoon and the kids had built another one. I got up a good head of steam and plowed into it. WHAM! I flipped over the handlebars and bent the forks. The little bastards had built it around a fire hydrant!!!!! I got lucky since the hydrand didn't break off at the ground but I was pissed!
My bosses son keep broad sliding around this one corner and knocking over a guy's trashcan filled with leaves. Did this for about 4 weeks in a row.

The fith week, the guy filled the trashcan with cinderblocks with leaves on the top.

Somebody needed a new quarter panel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra4B View Post
His story reminds me of how my grandfather "fixed" the kids who bashed his mailbox with baseball bats back in the day.

Lets just say Paw-paw's new mailbox was a 4x4 bored out to hide a steel pole and that pole was filled with concrete and it all had a serious concrete footer.

A few weeks later he went out and found the mailbox cracked, but a metal bat was laying on the ground by the driveway... I'll bet that kid broke his wrist

My best friends mom was losing a mailbox about once a month. I was working at the ironworks and got a 8" steel I beam 6' long. Sunk that 3' into the ground with a substantial concrete footer.

As we were putting it in, the local police stopped and asked what we were doing. I explained her problem and my solution. He suggested reflective stickers to reduce legal problems.

Funny how all of a sudden nobody wanted to run over the mailbox anymore.

The mailpost did take out two cars though. One was drunk who crashed into it, smashing his radiator ( on;y the slightest of a dent in the I beam )

The other was a stolen car. The thief ran over the mailbox, tearing open the oil pan. The found the car about a mile down the road with a seized engine.
JRD77VET is offline   Reply With Quote