Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #98
Barn Raising II,III,IV
Activity: 27.0%

Thanked 33,861 Times in 12,340 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5135124

from Google search:

Quote:
Who is Patric, 'The Laundry Guy' from the Discovery Plus TV show?

Patric gained national recognition for his "laundry camps," which teach people his techniques for cleaning and caring for clothes. Basically, you can't just throw something into the washing machine and expect a stain to come out. Instead, Patric has specific tips and tricks for how to remove tough stains, fold fitted sheets, and much more.

So, how does one become the "laundry guy"?

According to Patric, he found the passion for laundering from his family members.

"My granny washed everything,” Patric said to Pioneer Press. “She was fearless as a laundress.” Additionally, his mom was also an "incredible homemaker and always made sure my clothes were perfect." “So that’s where it started, my long association of laundry with being taken care of, with my mom taking care of me," he added. "Because everything was just washed and pressed and done.”

While it is hard to pinpoint Patric's net worth, the Minnesota resident has a slew of jobs, which help him rake in a substantial income. Aside from hosting his on television series on Discovery Plus, Patric is the owner of Mona Williams, a vintage boutique in the Mall of America. At his store, Patric sells luxury vintage clothing items and accessories.

"When I opened the store, what happened was, because I carry designer vintage, I carried a little bit of laundry product so people could care for the vintage,” he told Pioneer Press. “And everybody got very interested in my laundry methods. Because I would explain how to care for something. They wanted to know more. And that’s why I started Laundry Camp. And once I started Laundry Camp, people kept coming. And coming.”

With his expertise in laundering and loads of clients interested in his methods of cleaning and caring for items, Patric eventually wrote a book, Laundry Love: Finding Joy in a Common Chore.

“My granny used to drive to Columbus, Ohio, to shop. And she would buy these beautiful clothes. And when she was young there were no dry cleaners in town. So she figured out how to wash things that weren’t washable,”

Instead of attending one of Patric's "laundry camps," pick up his book to find out his secret to washing clothes (it involves vodka), and to making laundry a more enjoyable experience.
Mike Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote