Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Activity: 34.6%

Thanked 10,155 Times in 4,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11380138

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
I guess I'm confused. I see NN as a good thing. What am I missing?

My concern is this.

If the electric company no longer just sent power to your house and you consumed it, but instead says you will get X watts for lighting, Y watts for Air Conditioning, Z watts for cooking, and # watts for entertainment.

Then you end up down the "Comcast" rabbit hole where you have to upgrade your lighting watts to the next level and pay a fee for not using LEDs , which they will be HAPPY to provide for a fee.

I want to turn on the internet faucet and ALL the water comes out at the same speed and the same chemical composition.

The internet providers will absolutely bastardize the intent and it will soon be like free phones that are now $900.00 and amortized over your contract period.
So does everyone else. The big lie was that FCC Title II regulations, written in 1934 and foisted on the ISP's and backbone providers by the Obama admin in 2015, provided anything resembling "Net Neutrality". Like they called ObamaCare the "Affordable Care Act." Like North Korea calls itself the "Democratic People's Republic of Korea." You get the idea. What NN was in reality was an innovation killer that caused, for the first time since the internet was invented, a negative growth rate in new internet IT infrastructure. That's because Title II regs make it very tough for a smallish ISP to build out new trunks. Especially if they go across state lines.

Everything the shills shilling for NN were telling you were made to make you want NN. "Oh, there will be tiered service." There was tiered service under NN, it's everywhere. "Oh, they'll charge you extra for Netflix!" The FTC did a great job keeping ISP's in line prior to 2015. And frankly, it's really up to the free market to decide how much bandwidth is worth and how much you are willing to pay to get a bunch if you want it.

That's it pretty much. Under Title II regs you had to notify the State Department with your plans, along with something like 17 other government entities, for anything you were going to do. You had to get their approval. It was heinous.

The reason Google, Twitter, Facebook, etc wanted to keep NN is because it took power away from the actually effective FTC and gave it to the FCC, which is a complete shit show. And, guess what? The FTC actually has the power to enforce anti-trust laws against these giants. That's why guys like George Soros and Obama were on board. These giant companies were insidiously censoring their content, as we've all seen since around 2015, and they needed to silence the right. That's pretty much it.
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Cybercowboy For This Useful Post: