Old 01-05-2022, 2:36pm   #107
Mick
A Real Barner
Activity: 33.5%

Thanked 7,060 Times in 3,119 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12721

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE View Post
Nothing you quoted (from me) contradicted what you just posted. Where’s the argument?
See bolded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE View Post
Maybe you were taught something different. We were taught that vaccines were rarely 100% and had various failure rates.

At the time, we discussed measles vaccines and their failure rates. Some kids still got measles but it was known that they rarely got severely ill due to their vaccine. I’m sure you could Google it and find more examples.

The vaccine fights the virus if your are infected. The effectiveness is based on many factors.

It’s a fact that the covid vaccines are not as effective as they thought. But the way vaccines work (or fail) is the same.
I would agree with that statement if we are using the "new" definition of vaccine. But based on the traditional definition, this is wrong. The Polio vaccine is intended to, and very effective at, making sure you don't get infected with the Polio virus.

Like I said above, people who get the Measles vaccine can still get the Measles, but it is rare because everyone for whom the vaccine worked, can't get infected.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote