Old 03-01-2011, 1:25pm   #17
Entropy
Fantasy Football Champ '12
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 1,264 Times in 766 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $90918

Quote:
Originally Posted by thkauffman View Post
Unc, I've been pondering that same thing. Were any of the overthrown/protested countries run primarily by Muslims? Is Islam the dominant religion? Seems to me that it might be fairly easy to connect the dots.

If that happens in the ME, we are in for a sh1tload of trouble.
The issues of the middle east have been going on for millenia. We're interested now due to the financial/personal investments we have currently, and we're interested in governments that will keep the trade open and the oil rolling so we can keep getting our fix.

I'm hoping that the uprisings we've seen as of late wake up this country to attempt to create a modicum of independence so we don't have to deal with despots and crackpots to keep us from getting the DTs.

I'm fairly convinced that we can't make people have a government they don't want. If they want some sort of religious oligarchy to rule their corner of the world, so be it. If they want to invade our corner, we should show them our sabers and that we mean serious business.

However, to do any of this would require a willingness to make self sacrifices. Glass is pretty empty on this one.
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote