10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,462 Times in 17,249 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqaholic View Post
Not sure I see the problem. Killing animals is their job. Over 1.5 million animals are killed in this country per year by the SPCA. Are you mad about that too?

What pisses me off is them killing enough animals to fill a landfill but if I get caught doing it to my own rather than paying them to do it for me it's off to jail? Well, that might sound fine to some brainwashed "Animal Planet" couch potato but for someone who's been killing animals their whole life as a farmer or hunter it's nothing but a bad joke... And they'll never take me alive
You bring up very real issues that can't be argued. Having said that, THESE particular dogs had somewhere to go. They had people who were willing to take responsibility for them. They weren't going to be a burden on the taxpayers. And they were killed anyway, seemingly just out of spite. That's wrong.

Yes, any farmer or hunter knows that animals need to be killed. We kill to eat, we also kill animals that predate our crops and livestock. We even have our own beloved pets put down when the time comes. We kill dogs and cats because pet owners in certain demographics don't have their pets fixed and there aren't enough people willing to take them all in. So, after all that killing, we come to a case like this, where those dogs did not need to be killed and were anyway. It was totally unnecessary, and that's why people are pissed about it.

You wouldn't kill animals for no good reason, right?
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post: