View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 1:16pm   #1
SoCalHavoc
Vette Barn nOOb
Activity: 2.4%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $75
bilmem Help help, I need an adult.

So I can't get my 77 'Vette to start. It was running, then just quit on me. I pulled the distributer cap and the points looked good. I brought the battery in to Auto Zone and it came back as bad, so I bought an Optima Red Top. I figured since the battery is right behind the driver seat, it can't hurt to not have the gasses inside the car with me when it charges while running. So I installed the battery thinking that I had the problem licked, but same as before. It will crank and crank and crank, but just won't fire. I know the basic rule of troubleshooting, it is either air, fuel, or gas. When I pump the gas (or open the throttle from under the hood), I get a good solid squirt of fuel. I tried it with the top of the air cover removed, so there shouldn't have been any air problem. That pretty much leaves spark. Like I said, the points looked good, and I have a brand new battery in her, but she won't catch. Has anybody had this problem before where she just decides to not start any more?

Thanks in advance for the help, and I am hoping for a nice easy, quick, and stupid fix.
SoCalHavoc is offline   Reply With Quote