mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 10.1%

Thanked 11,561 Times in 5,701 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393
Default 240 from early 90's.....

Jap import white/black top 4 cyl DPFI car....kids working on it across the street for some months now....$$$$ and screwal delaying project.....plugs are WAY in hell down into the valve cover, and so engine going into almost instant hydro-lock when together, so injectors are staying open......so they pulled the plugs and laid wires aside....turned over engine a couple times, injectors permanently open apparently, and so engine sprayed fuel like mad from all cylinders, and of course sparks from plug wires ignited all the gas......water hose put out easy enough without apparent damage....BUT......

one of the kids seems to be a mechanic friend helping out the neighbor kid across the street....I walked across to see WTF, and was trying to run get my kitchen extinguisher ....but the hose was fast enough.....

the mechanic kid said the injectors are sequentially grounded by the computer, so why the injectors staying open so much?? engine even goes into hydrolock over it.....which is why the plugs were pulled.....

I never heard of injectors stuck open.......

mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote