View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 12:06am   #1
Wathen1955
A Real Barner
Activity: 9.7%

Thanked 5,588 Times in 1,985 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1524159
Default NFL Football - who is not watching?

I'm just curious - who is not going to watch football this season? I decided to quit watching for several reasons:

1. My team the San Diego Chargers moved to LA. What a fvcking decision by the idiot owner Spanos. The preseason had only 20k fans showing up. I don't see it improving much when the season actually starts.

2. The game has become nothing more than "did my fantasy team score".

3. NFL Red Zone - I'm surprised that the NFL allowed this. Just think - no commercials, and you get to see the scoring plays only.

4. Politics - ever since Kapernick's protest, it has really turned me off of football. I come to watch a game, and I don't like it when it becomes political. He’s got a right to express himself, but he (and the league, and the owners and coaches who support him) need to understand their disrespect of the flag, the country and the thousands who have died to give him the right to express himself is producing some serious consequences for them. He could have easily protested outside of football.

5. Over-saturation - too many games. The beauty of the NFL used to be Sunday games and a powerful Monday night game. I'm actually surprised that they haven't added more days of the week.

6. Commercials - every time there is a field goal... commercials... kick off into the end zone... commercials... player injury... commercials... play under review... commercials... time out... commercials... punt... commercials... two-minute warning... commercials... commercials... commercials... commercials... commercials... commercials... commercials... commercials... commercials...

Now with all this being said, if I was invited to my son's house to watch a playoff or even the Superbowl for example, I may decide to actually watch it.
Wathen1955 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wathen1955 For This Useful Post: