dvarapala
Barn Stall Owner #1120
NCM Supporter '20,'21
Activity: 50.4%

Thanked 18,521 Times in 8,172 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1030760

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
It will be more than just the cars that change to accommodate autopilot driving. I'd like to get in on the ground floor of the companies that will provide special street signs, traffic signs, dangerous curve signs etc that provide feedback to the system for navigation and speed control.
Here's another one:

www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2436015856/

Quote:
Senior Software Engineer - Connected Automated Vehicles
Leidos Irvine, CA

Leidos is seeking a Connected and Automated Vehicle R&D Software Engineer to join a highly successful team in researching and developing CAV and Cooperative Driving Automation (CDA) technologies to shape the future of transportation. The Saxton Transportation and Operations Laboratory (STOL) in McLean VA, is the USDOT’s premiere research and development laboratory for Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) technology. Our team of over 40 engineers and scientists advance CAV technology for the USDOT by developing, testing, and supporting the adoption of technologies associated with Vehicle-to-Vehicle and Vehicle-to-Infrastructure (V2X) communications as well as Cooperative Driving Automation (CDA). We’re researching how self-driving cars can work together with the infrastructure and other road-users to make transportation safer and better.

This is an opportunity for a leader who is motivated by variety, thrives in a challenging environment, seeks professional growth, and wants to be a key part of a team developing and extending technology that supports a variety of transportation research. The successful candidate will perform a variety of duties surrounding V2X technology as well as quickly adapt to research and development (R&D) needs. The role will be a leader in software development as part of a larger research team developing new connected and automated technologies for FHWA. This work involves development and maintenance of various back end systems for such things as roadside data collection and storage, web mapping tools, communications and data transfer, and data analysis, as well as work on vehicle on-board software for automation and connectivity. The successful candidate will mentor junior staff and manage small to large projects as the organization and contractual situation evolves.
***Location: Due to COVID-19, the team is working primarily from home, however this position is expected to go into the lab as needed. This position will need to be onsite in the lab in McLean, VA fulltime, post COVID-19.***
The location is a deal-breaker for me, otherwise I might have applied for this one myself.
dvarapala is offline   Reply With Quote