Old 03-27-2024, 4:37pm   #10
theandies
A Real Barner
Activity: 27.7%

Thanked 1,286 Times in 524 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePirate View Post
We have a 3 pane sliding glass door from our bedroom to our pool enclosure. There is a sliding screen door on the outside of one pane so that we can leave the door open at night and have the screen protect us from bugs and snakes. Have had 4 snakes somehow get into our pool enclosure over the years. The screen sliding door has rust all around the metal frame and we want to replace it.

Here is the real problem. NO one, and I mean NO one, sells, or constructs these doors. The door is 48" X 95 inches. I have called dozens of screen installers, window installers, etc but none sell or make what I need. It's only a 4 piece frame with screen inside , and rollers on the door. Can't get anyone.

Any suggestions?

Try this:

https://blindandscreen.com/diy-slidi...ding-your-own/

Quote:
Customization for Different Sizes
One of the key features of sliding screen door kits is their flexibility in size customization. Whether you’re dealing with a standard doorway or a unique, oversized opening, these kits can be adjusted or trimmed to ensure a perfect fit. This adaptability makes them an ideal choice for both new installations and replacements, accommodating the variances often found in both residential and commercial properties.
theandies is offline   Reply With Quote