Old 01-11-2012, 3:19pm   #1
allthrottleandsomebottle
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,705 Times in 588 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1005893
Default ******IF you want 1 license plate in VA, step on in******

Ok Folks,
Senator Locke was kind enough to introduce this bill on my behalf, so if you want to help get this bill passed YOU NEED TO GET INVOLVED!!!!!!!!!
I hope to get a House Bill introduced as well and will post an update if it happens.
Below is a link to the Senators to contact that will discuss this bill first:

LIS > Bill Tracking > Committees > 2012 session

Just click on their names and you can see their e-mail and phone number

Here is a link that shows all the Senators and their contact info:

Welcome to the Senate of Virginia

By all means contact your Senator and feel free to use any and all of the below statement to e-mail them as well

I found this on-line and tweaked it some:

Dear Honorable Virginia Legislators
I request you vote to revoke the current law requiring the display of a front license plate on passenger vehicles by approving Senate Bill 27 (Bill Tracking - 2012 session > Legislation) when it comes before you.
I support keeping the current licensing fee structure and would like to discuss the significant benefits to not requiring front license plates. The reasons are briefly summarized in the paragraphs below:

First, eliminating the need for a front license plate will significantly reduce the state costs associated with production, storage, and shipping. The $1,000,000+ saved can be used to help balance the State budget or earmark it for road maintenance.

Second; a front license plate restricts the performance of some passenger vehicles. Modern cars are no longer being designed with front plates in mind. Installing the mounting brackets that are necessary to hold the plates interfere with the cars' aerodynamics, engine cooling efficiency, often get damaged during the car-washing process and also cause a devaluation of Collector’s Edition or other such Limited Edition vehicles when required to drill or otherwise modify the front bumper.

Third, unnecessary damage is sustained from minor bumper-to-bumper collisions, because the front mounting brackets on passenger cars can cause cracks and abrasions to the rear bumpers of the cars that they hit as well as rendering the license plate unreadable.

Finally, police officers will be more productive in stopping dangerous motor vehicle violations such as drunk driving, reckless driving, speeding, racing, etc., since their time will not be compromised by a Virginia motorist who simply did not have a front license plate on display.

Some Law enforcement officials are opposed to a measure abolishing the front license plate requirement, as they believe that losing the extra plate will make it more difficult for them to do their jobs in the best possible manner. However, in the 19 or more states that have abolished the front license plate requirement, there is no evidence of a decline in public safety as a result of the plate removal.

I urge you, the law making officials, to remove the two plate requirement. If after say 5 years, statistics show the front plate removal significantly hinders Law enforcement, the law can be changed back to require a front plate.

Lastly, We the Voters and General Public of Virginia are appreciative of the Law Enforcement Officers and Law Making Officials of this great state and will continue to support them in their endeavor to make this state a safe place to live. We hope you will vote to give 1 plate a try in these tough economic times.

Sincerely,
allthrottleandsomebottle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allthrottleandsomebottle For This Useful Post: