10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,450 Times in 17,245 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Ben View Post
How do we know that is not the case. Even in handcuffs he could have still tried to get an officers gun or had been combative. As I said, we need to be able to see what happened between the videos that have been shown. Someone has a video of it but there is a reason they don't want to show it. Does it contradict the poor helpless black man story that is being told?
The guy was from Houston. He'd been arrested 9 times in 10 years, two for armed robbery. From 2007 to 2014 he was locked down in TDCJ for the latest armed robbery. That's what the whole "he moved to MPLS to get his life together" actually means. This was not a nice man.

Now, having said all that, what we saw was indefensible. I'm big and heavy like the dead guy. I think it would take a real effort on my part to be able to roll over, sit up, and stand up, all with my hands cuffed behind my back. It begs credulity that this guy could have done that, and even if we go with "well, he was talking so he was breathing narrative, the moment he pissed himself, it was clear he was tapped out. Our man didn't let up though, even after that.

Having said that, the looters, arsonists, and rioters need to be dealt with. Somebody needs to take control, order martial law, a nighttime curfew, and have National Guard willing to open fire on looters, people throwing rocks, Molotov cocktails, etc. Beyond that, emergency laws need to be in place to allow people to defend their businesses....scratch the duty to retreat for the duration of the emergency. And I mean live fire, not rubber bullets, tear gas, or warning shots. The instigators need to be taken out; order needs to be restored.
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post: