View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 4:13pm   #25
Sneaks
Charter Member - C5 Mod
Barn Stall Owner #41
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,291 Times in 827 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8192878

Talk about pissed off! I went out this morning to test the N20 system once more time before I took it out on the road. Put the controller in test mode, and NOTHING! It wouldn't fire the selonoids!
I spent all day on this SOB. I re-ran all the wiring, checked every connection, tested this, tested that, multimetered this&that........the dam thing still isn't grounding the relay to activate the fuel and nitrous noids.
Finally got ahold of tech support at Harris Speed Works. Tell the guy what is happening, and what all I've done. He tells me to cut the ground wire coming from the Microedge controller, wire another wire to that, and connect that to the ground of the relay. Do this, and still nothing!
Call tech support again. I tell him it's the controller, he says probably not, but put in a support ticket with all the info I have, and what all kids of tests I've done, and one of the in house engineers(they build these things right there) will get back with me.
Sure enough, the engineer tells me it sounds like the internal fuse is blown, and I have to send it back for them to test/repair. I knew it was the dam controller!
At this point I have about 30 hours wrapped up in this N20 system, and haven't sprayed once! Now I have to return the controller, wait for them to repair/replace it, and re-install the darn thing.
I'm about as torqued as I can be right about now!

On a side note, I didn't take out any of the wiring for the WOT switch(that works perfectly) so I can still activate the system if I want with that instead of the TPS of the controller. I just have to hit the switch once I get above 3000 RPM.
Think I'll go out and see how the spray feels right now. Piss on that controller.........