Old 06-21-2022, 9:20am   #17
erickpl
A Real Barner
Activity: 2.2%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $111433

Quote:
Originally Posted by theandies View Post
Tesla and all electric cars can suck it. Until they can do this ****'em:

3 minutes to fill up and have full range of 400 miles. **** electric cars, when I'm on a trip I want to get to my destination in the least amount of time and I sure as hell don't want to sit at any charging station for 30 minutes or more to get only half a charge. **** THAT.

And BTW - Let the market decide. Both ICE and electric cars can live together. When government and their false climate change agenda starts ****ing with my choice that is where I have a BIGGGGGGGG problem.
I'm the first to admit ICE and EV cars can, will, and should co-exist. EV's aren't for everybody. We love ours with the 300 mile range it has, and 20 minute charging time gives us time to use the restroom, shop, eat, whatever when we stop on a long drive. Nevermind that I can charge at home any other time. Unless you have a gas tank pump at home, you're not filling up at home. So that tradeoff is nice.

For those who do a LOT of long-range driving, especially out west, where chargers are further apart, forcing specific routes to be able to charge, it doesn't make sense yet. For a commuter car, in-town car, and one that can handle occasional long trips, they're great.

As for hauling, EV's are nowhere close yet. Rivian, Ford - yeah they're trying, but once you slap a travel trailer on the back of either of them, kiss ANY decent range goodbye. And THAT is not ready for primetime technology-wise. When I can tow a travel trailer at LEAST as far as I get on a tank of gas in my truck, I'll have the ICE-powered engine. Well, and in my Jeep. THAT isn't going anywhere either. LOL

But I'll continue to say, that having the EV seriously cuts down the amount of gas we buy overall because I'm not driving my truck for around town crap to the grocery store, concert, whatever unless it is Lowes, Home Depot, or a major Costco run. The EV does all the running around. And it gets a lot of positive looks and comments (and questions).

If the .gov wants to give me a 7,500 rebate on the vehicle AND a 1,000 tax credit for installation of a home charger (making it free), sure.

But I still want a 3/4 pickup truck for that trailer! LOL
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to erickpl For This Useful Post: