View Single Post
Old 11-24-2020, 12:33pm   #10
6spdC6
A Real Barner
Activity: 29.1%

Location: NorthernNY! (A little town on the shores of the Great Sacandaga Lake) in the peoples republic of NY
Thanked 3,305 Times in 1,802 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2115673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
I don't think it's a matter of unskilled labor jobs disappearing as much as it is people no longer want to do those jobs. They feel it's beneath them.

Even some skilled labor is fighting this lack of ambition. Take the construction trades as an example. You can make a decent living welding pipe. But the minute they find out the weld is on top of a coal fired boiler -that's operating- they'll laugh in your face.
Been there did it! With that said I really did not enjoy the -20F or lower temperatures when working outside in NY states nasty winters.

Well I never have been laughed at. Tell theme your making $50 per hour and a shitload more on the plentiful overtime available and also get excellent health benefits and a very good pension, that stops all their merriment.

Heck in my case I could take early retirement to a paid for new built house on a big lake, and afford to do just about anything I wanted to do.
6spdC6 is offline   Reply With Quote