View Single Post
Old 05-26-2021, 7:18am   #16272
JetMechZ16
A Real Barner
Activity: 5.4%

Thanked 9,866 Times in 3,759 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $856744

Unless my wife can talk me out of it I'm 80% sure I'm going to quit this job. I'm somewhat hesitant too cause I hit 10 years with this company in July = more vacation. They've had an issue with production over safety for quite sometime now, this led to a mass exodus of talent. Now that they are struggling with not having enough experienced people they are saying, oh no we are safety 1st. Yet their actions still say production over safety. They killed 2 people a few months ago, now they are wanting me to go to a meeting to discuss knocking a plug out of a system with a 2x4. This plug in the line is at the bottom of a vessel which contains what we call high boilers. They are very reactive and catch fire easily when exposed to humidity or any moisture. We cannot verify weather there is any liquid high boilers above this plug. Yet they want one of my people to stand under it in a Chemical suit and hammmer at this plug. ****ing crazy idiots!!!

I know a way to check if there is liquid above the plug but they haven't deemed it necessary to ask me.

JetMechZ16 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JetMechZ16 For This Useful Post: