Old 09-08-2019, 12:29pm   #7
MrPeabody
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 12,309 Times in 5,942 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2214590

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvette View Post
OK, but that power line issue, I have read that the Ca. .gov won't let them cut the crap down often/well enough to put a STOP to the power line fires.....

I was noticing that in the Appalachians at my friends house, power lines and noting the tree growth is way in hell away from the lines.....
The larger issue is that power lines cross private property and that can be an impediment to access. We need and are getting legislative help in that area. Also keep in mind that most of the forest in California is federal property, not state. The other issue is just the sheer amount of power lines. Tens of thousands of miles of them, and the power company has neglected them for many years. They (and therefore we, their customers) are going to pay the price for that now.

I know a bit more than the average person about all this because the Grand Jury I sat on from 2014-16 did an extensive investigation of all this and wrote a report that won a statewide award from the California Grand Jury Association for best reporting.

One thing is certain, the firefighters will flood the ballot with initiatives to increase their funding and salaries and their already six-figure pensions. And since they are all heroes right now for doing their jobs they will win every initiative. They hit my town last year with an initiative on the ballot that will cost me about $200 a year in assessment fees.
MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote