Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,222 Times in 13,388 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvarapala View Post
This thread is about people with no marketable skills. What is your solution for them?
What 16 year old has a marketable skill?

They aren't handed out. They are obtained.

My first job was a busboy. Busboys don't drive nice cars. Busboys don't go on vacation. Busboys don't maintain a relationship with anyone of substance for long. I knew jack shit about doing anything but bussing tables. I did it for a year. Then I got a job making pizzas. I showed initiative and a desire to NOT make pizzas forever and I became an assistant manager. Did I know how to be an assistant manager? Hell no. I was taught...because I SHOWED INITIATIVE. I then got a job in a warehouse and the first day I showed up for work, the HR guy pulled me aside and said, I think we have something better for you. I became a Quality Control Inspector because...I showed interest and initiative during my interview. Then I became a Lab Technician, then moved in to sales and tech support. ALL OF THIS with ZERO experience and ZERO college. I did it because of who I CHOSE to be... and it was not a BUSBOY.

The fktard on the fry machine pulling his phone out every 30 seconds to fk with it, is going to be making fries until he is fired for taking his phone out one too many times. Give that shitbag $15.00 and he will show NO initiative to do anything else that might involve WORK. Keep him hungry and he will have little choice but to get his shit together and move on/up.

This is where my ex completely fkd up. She coddled and provided and spoiled my step-daughter and essentially has made her a very cute, worthless contributor to society. The looks will go soon enough and she had best marry up.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post: