Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Activity: 1.3%

Thanked 8,640 Times in 2,902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2299270

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
WTF does "no marketable skills" mean? Unless you're disabled and absolutely cannot work you have marketable skills. Why do we import legal and illegal aliens, who have little to no formal education, to do manual labor jobs that American citizens used to do? Because Americans have gotten lazy. Until COVID hit the unemployment rate was at historic lows, to the point that anyone who wanted a job could get one - "wanted" being the important word there.
I was getting out of my car the other day...large strip mall parking lot...and two spots down from me an elderly couple was getting out of theirs. Some character in a wheelchair rolls up to the couple and goes into a diatribe (obviously asking for money).

The old man didn’t even wait for it to end: “I’m sorry I can’t help you” was his remark. The guy in the wheelchair says “You can’t or won’t help me?” “Take your pick” he says. “So this is how you treat your fellow man who served their country?” (By this point I was paying more attention). The old guy spins around, opens his car door and puts on one of those hats that shows what ship he was on in the Vietnam war, puts it on and looks at this idiot: “Listen you jackass...I served with people who were far more damaged than you. They went on to live successful lives, got degrees, raised families. What they didn’t do was roll around a parking lot having a pity party begging for money. You’re not here because you’re disabled...you’re here because you’re lazy and stupid.”

Whoa.

Wheelchair boy was stunned and speechless. As he walked past me and I reached out and gave him a fist pump. “You’re my hero” I said. “Don’t **** with a 2-star” he responded. His hat said “USS Coral Sea.”
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Iron Chef For This Useful Post: