View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 9:45pm   #26
five-oh
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,028 Times in 386 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $429031

Hijacking my own thread back, and turning it back to C4 related...
Someone in the past put a brake cooling hose/vent on my car from the airdam to the front brakes. Driving along the other day I hear the sound of something scraping- the hose had came loose. So I tied it up until I could have time to repair it...Today I jacked the incredibly low car up and while I am fixing the vent, I look over- and one of the bolts to the lower control arm had lost its nut and nearly worked all the way out. Not good. And btw, the factory Service Manual has NO size listed for that bolt/nut. Two trips to town in the '46 and me carrying the bolt in (the second time, like I should've the first) finally got the right nut. I wanted to Chevrolet. Would it have been that hard to print the size of the nut in the Service Manual?
Otherwise- I'm loving this car. Probably enjoying it too much judging from the fuel mileage....
I ran over to Oklahoma last weekend in it, got 27mpg- then coming back I discovered some backroads, a mountain, and several miles of curvy roads up and down the mountains, and NO traffic in my way. Gas mileage fell to 24 mpg. Smiles per gallon went up exponentially.
five-oh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to five-oh For This Useful Post: