Old 10-16-2014, 11:05am   #669
Frizlefrak
Barn Stall Owner #46
Activity: 1.0%

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,214 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $4309769

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO View Post
What's the plan, man? Are you going with all new stuff? Dropping it off at an upholsterer?

I will sit under a car busting my knuckles, dripping oil in my eyes, and cussing all day long. Working on putting an interior together makes me want to stab myself in the eyes... with a spork.

I know I'm late to the party in seeing your pics, but that thing looks great.
Actually after two summers of busting up my aching body working on suspension, steering, brakes, and drivetain, I'm actually looking forward to doing the interior. I can do it piecemeal while I drive the car, and none of it is a monumental undertaking.

The headliner was done at the body shop while the rear window was out, so it's finished. Everything else is available from an assortment of different vendors and is (at least compared to a Corvette) affordable. First thing I will do is hang new door panels on it so the windows will quit rattling back an d forth in the channel and so I have an arm rest again.

Next thing is dash pad and gauges. Check these out....from Dakota Digital....

or these....

I kinda like the second one better....retro looking but modern. About the same price either way. The factory gauges are crap, and except for the speedo mine don't work anyway....
Frizlefrak is offline   Reply With Quote