Old 04-13-2014, 8:11pm   #47
Black95
Barn Stall Owner #204
Activity: 1.4%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $403724

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutz4c4 View Post
Black 95..What no pocket protector??
Had one, but the day I retired I gave it to one of my 8th grade boys! He really snarfed it up quickly and thought he really had something! None of them got my air cannon or my carbide cannon. The latter I saved for when I want to make a little noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4fan View Post
And do you have a permit for that slide rule???
When I was in college we carried our slides rules every where we went in that sleek black holster. It even attracted a few girls back then. Not the cheerleaders though!

When I was in grad school I had moved on to the HP35. Had to change the battery pack a few times in the intervening years, but 40 years later it still sets on my desk in complete working order. Even bounced it off the sidewalk a couple of times. They made things well back then. A few years ago HP came out with a new update to it called the HP 35s, but it and it's LCD display just doesn't measure up to the bright LED's of the old HP35. Had fun with the students who had a hard time figuring out the RPN (Reverse Polish Notation) of the old HP35. To this day I still have to think a little bit before I use a regular algebraic calculator.

Went driving in the Vette this afternoon with the wife and the binoculars. Geese have pretty much moved on, but the cranes and the ducks are still coming through. We got to identify quite a few different varieties in the lakes and potholes. My wife is getting almost as good as me at identifying them. Spotted a pintail and a hooded merganser before I did.

Last edited by Black95; 04-13-2014 at 10:06pm.
Black95 is offline   Reply With Quote