Dogface
Barn Stall Owner #409
Bantayan Kids '13,'15,'17
Activity: 4.0%

Thanked 13,566 Times in 6,531 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2450928

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin View Post
Thanks, Mr. Obvious. I go to the cancer center every two weeks. I’m well aware that we all face challenges. I’m also aware there are people worse off than me.

I’m sure you are a better person than me not “dooming and glooming” your friends and all. Thanks for judging me.

At the same time, unless you have a chronic illness, I wouldn’t expect you to understand the challenge of staying positive. Imagine being sick every day for 15 years. Imagine being hospitalized three times a year for a decade. Imagine not being able to do the things you enjoy, not enjoying food, not going out with friends, missing family events and losing your memory from brain damage caused by malnutrition. I don’t remember my son being born.

The problems you speak of are transient. Imagine having all those regular problems, plus an incurable illness that destroys your intestines, joints, muscles and optic nerves until it kills you.

I don’t think you can.

“doom and gloom” is your perception. For me it’s my daily reality. What I see in this thread is my friends lifting me up, like we do for each other here. I’m just trying to get through and the support here is really helpful.

I reached out here for help. You came in mocking me.

I’ve been fighting this disease for 15 years. It is weighing on my psyche. Why did you bother posting? Just to put me me down?

Maybe instead of judging, you might refrain from posting and thank God for your health and for having just normal life challenges.

For the rest of you, I just say thank you. Nine days to go.
Pete. I think you took Mikes post the wrong way for sure. Have you seen any of his posts before? He is not that kind of guy. He was just saying look at it with a positive spin. That is all. Good luck man I do not think anyone on here would wish you any harm or ill will. Not in the time I have been here. I hope things work out for you.
dwjz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dwjz06 For This Useful Post: