Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15
Activity: 0%

Thanked 16,607 Times in 7,133 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1009320

Quote:
Originally Posted by datawiz View Post
Works really well on monitors connected to the actual video cards, but those connected to the USB to HDMI don't have the processing power. I can spread it out, but it becomes useless. Next computer build will solve that.
Speaking that that, late last week my computer did it's automatic update thing. All seemed to go well until I launched my video editing software and was greeted with; Loadlibrary failed wtih error 126: The specific module could not be found. Then I attempted to open Photoshop and received the same message. Neither program would launch.

I did what anyone without a 12 year old kid around would do, I hopped on the internet. One possible solution was to make sure I have the most current drivers for my video card. Off to AMD I went. I downloaded the most current drivers for my Radeon card and immediately lost my second monitor. As a matter of fact, the card didn't even show up in my Device Manager any longer. NOW what?

I navigated over to Dell's website and reinstalled the original software and drivers my computer shipped with. About half way through the install my second monitor magically reappeared. I tried Photoshop and Premiere and both fully launched without the error.

At some point in the not too distant future I'm going to need a new computer as my current Dell struggles a bit with 4K video editing. The camera I'm eyeballing does 8K which will almost certainly be too much for my current setup.
Giraffe (He/Him) is offline   Reply With Quote